The day-long conference, co-sponsored by the central Ohio SPJ chapter, will take place Friday, Oct. 4, 1700 Lake Shore Dr., Columbus.
Program topics include:
- Plenary session about the lasting impact of a U.S. Supreme Court decision limiting student press freedom and current newsgathering challenges.
- Problems and opportunities regarding access to government records and the current state of public records law in Ohio.
- How does a journalist cover a school shooting or a juvenile crime?
- How has the Internet affected journalism and how do journalists practice in this changing environment?
- Media Law 101: Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask.
- Lawyers and journalists: how to improve interactions between the professions.
For more information about the event, download the complete program and registration form from the bar association.