Meeting Minutes 11/17/2014
Members present: S. Mills Bacha, D. Buchanan, D.Caterinicchia,, M. Edwards, B. Cadwallader, J. Hohbach, and B. Gianforcaro (no quorum existed)
Absent: K. Kasler, N. Craft, Joe Meyer, J. Monnin, C. Castle, T. Bradley
Meeting Start time: 12:10 (Buckeye Hall of Fame Café) Meeting End Time: 1:10
Minutes: September and October minutes approved via online vote. (Motion to approve B. Cadwallader, second by J. Meyer). Approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: $7,658.20 in the checking; $36,796 in Vanguard
- Online vote to send $100 donation each to funds specified in obits for Lou Fabro and Verne Edwards, two longtime members, who died this fall. (Motion to approve J. Meyer, second by J. Hohbach). Approved.
- Flyer for Jan. 15 Newsies play and happy hour sent and on website. We need to sell a minimum of 20 tickets.
- The Kiplinger Digital Media Summit will be held tomorrow. (Later in the day after the meeting, we found out we signed up one new member for SPJ as part of our $500 promotion. Three board members, plus the new member, will attend the first day for our $500 contribution.)
- Chapter Judging: S. Bacha and J. Meyer met with the statewide coordinators of the Ohio SPJ Awards after the luncheon in Cleveland to address contest management. Imperative to find a replacement as Mike Lorz is retiring from the contest administration role.
Next board meeting: Dec. 15 at the Buckeye Hall of Fame Care, Grandview Yard @ Noon.
Minutes from the memory of S. Bacha